Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Merry-Go-Round Playhouse: All Shook Up

Tonight was the Mothership's and my first Merry-Go-Round Playhouse show of the season, and I have to say, it is off to an amazing start...All Shook Up is one of the best shows I have ever seen...let me think about that...it is the best show I've ever seen. I'm really sorry that we saw it so late in it's run, because I would really like to go see All Shook Up again!

I have to say, I was hesitant about this show, as I've never been a huge Elvis fan, or at least I thought. The show was hilarious, a take on Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, and I enjoyed that in itself thoroughly. Every song was an Elvis song, and I have to say, some of them surprised me, as I had no idea they were his.

The performers were all great singers and dancers, and played up their characters to the hilt. Definitely worth going to if you can get a ticket. Sadly, there are only a few days left of this show's run, and I have to work or go to Puppy Kindergarten for all of them.

I just hope the rest of the season can at least equal this show!

No comments:

Post a Comment