Thursday, June 19, 2008

McDonalds Sweet Tea

Since my latest medical malady (a kidney stone) I have sworn off all beverages that have phosphoric acid in them, which means pretty much any soda that I like (which is Diet Pepsi and it's many variations) is suddenly off limits. It is agony. You see, I am not a morning person, and I generally require a little caffeine in order to interact with my patients in a pleasant manner. And I hate coffee. Which leaves me with tea. So imagine my excitement when McDonalds came out with their new Sweet Tea! I resolved at once to try this, as my keystone tech, who hails from the glorious state of Texas, is well studied in the subject of sweet tea, and appreciated what McDonalds had brought to the table.

Now, when I saw McDonalds advertising the sweet tea at only $1 for a large, I figured the large size would be similar to the large you get when you order an orange juice there. In other words, more like a small. So I was suprised and delighted when a large turned out to be quite large and refreshing. It was truly delightful, nice and sweet and chilled it it's foam cup. I wish I could drink sweet tea every day! Alas, the one downfall of the sweet tea is that it is, well, sweet. 230 calories of sweet, with no fiber or fat, so it comes in at 5 Points if you're on Weight Watchers. Needless to say, I'm not sure I'll be enjoying much sweet tea on my Hawaii diet. Then again, I do get 35 Points every week to spend on whatever I want. That's one sweet tea every day! Oh, yeah!

1 comment:

  1. That sweet tea is seriously addictive. I stop and get some everyday on the way to work. And what exactly is a Hawaii diet? Are you eating tropical fruit or something?

    ReplyDelete