Thursday, April 10, 2008

JCPenny online vs catalog shopping

Just a warning to everyone...I was trying to buy some stuff for my mom online from the JCPenney catalog, and couldn't figure out why my shopping cart total was way higher than what she estimated it would cost. Finally I realized that the prices were significantly different. We're talking $10 to $20 higher per item online compared to catalog prices. I called customer service, who informed me that despite the advertisement on every single page in the catalog to shop online, the prices are different between catalog and online. So if you see something half price in the catalog, call to order. I'm quite sure now that my mother and I have paid full price online for stuff in the past and not even realized it. Pretty sneaky, JCPenny. And kind of inappropriate too!

No comments:

Post a Comment