Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I love days off!

Today was a very busy day, considering that I wasn't working! I went to Geneva with my mom, which is always interesting, because I always get to see about 50 people from my "old" life, before I got a real job and moved away. I also got to go to Long John Silvers and have a hush puppie after seeing 50 bajillion commercials for it on television. I will not be going there again in the near future. I'm still feeling a little funny from all the grease, and it was about 10 hours ago!
Seriously, it's not as good as it looks. I promise you.

We also went to the outlet mall, and I found a killer Coach umbrella, which I love. On a side note, I found Coach dog collars for $68. Maybe I'm just cheap, but holy cow! I got collars that are even cuter (although without that adorable hydrant tag...) for $2 on clearance at Target.
I will find you a cuter collar for $60 less, and you can donate your savings to the SPCA.

My last stop on the journey home was PetCo, which is quickly becoming my new favorite store. My mother and I were investigating dog training, when the trainer herself came over to talk to us. I am determined that Izzy and Emma will eventually get a Canine Good Citizen diploma. But we're starting small, with the Puppy Kindergarten.

I'm sure they'll be model students.

We picked up some Gentle Leaders for the puppies, since they are quickly developing "Pull Grandma Right Over" brute strength. And amazingly, within the 10 minute training time listed on the packaging, Iz and Em were walking like civilized dogs! Obviously, they aren't perfect yet, but I'm confident that with a few more Gently Led walks, they will be well on their way to model canines.

This collar might actually be worth $68!

And as the perfect end to my day, I tried on every pair of shoes that I own, and many articles of clothing, and am now donating two 50 gallon garbage bags full of clothes, shoes, and purses to my church's rummage sale. There's some pretty nice stuff, everyone, so if you're interested, it's at St. Lukes, Friday and Saturday 9 to 1. The Mothership and Auntie Gogo helped organize the merchandise, and there's lots of fun stuff there!

No comments:

Post a Comment