Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Merry-Go-Round Playhouse: Little Shop of Horrors

I have to say, I was kind of disappointed by Little Shop of Horrors. The performers were great singers and dancers, and the props were spectacular, but I guess I was a little unprepared for such a strange show.

The music and lyrics were written by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken, so I thought this would be the best show of the summer, since they are also responsible for the Disney version of The Little Mermaid, whic
h is my favorite Disney musical of all time! And the music of Little Shop didremind me a bit of The Little Mermaid. But not enough, so I have to say in the end, I didn't really enjoy this theatrical outing. I was glad to be going home at the end of the night. Fortunately, we still have one show left, and on my birthday, no less! I have no expectations regarding Church Basement Ladies, since I'd never heard of it before buying the tickets. So I guess the Mothership and I will just have to see how it goes!

Little Shop of Horrors is still playing for a few more days, so go see it, especially if you're a fan of the old movie...my friend Courtney apparently is, and couldn't believe that I didn't enjoy the musical!

No comments:

Post a Comment