Sunday, August 24, 2008

Merry-Go-Round Playhouse: The Producers

I've been so busy with work and puppies and camp that I completely forgot that the Mothership and I attended a show at Merry-Go-Round last week. We saw The Producers, and enjoyed it thoroughly. The actors were great, especially the two who played Leo Bloom and Ulla. (And the girl who played Ulla looked exactly like Katherine Heigl - Izzy from Grey's Anatomy...it was freaky.) The entire performance was incredible, and the Mothership and I had the good fortune of having the two rows ahead of us completely empty, so we could see everthing on stage. It also made it possible for us to catch the carnation that the producer throws out at the beginning of each show - I've been waiting all season! Sadly, as it's turning into fall, it's also getting towards the end of the season. Only two shows left: Little Shop of Horrors, which we see September 3rd, and Church Basement Ladies, on September 16th (my birthday!!!) Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment