Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Work in Progress (another favorite blog!)

I love reading other peoples' blogs, as you may have figured out by now. My latest addiction is A Work in Progress by Vicki, which I found when I was researching how to scrapbook digitally. I have to say, I think this is the best website devoted to digital scrapping that I have seen. The kits that are featured are absolutely beautiful, the best I could find, and they are FREE! I love freebies!!!

My favorite thing about Vicki's blog isn't the free stuff, though. I enjoy her posts about her adorable dogs, a chocolate and a black lab, much like my babies, although I suspect hers are purebreds, and mine are just sweet mutts, as my cousins (who pay entirely too much for designer mutts themselves) are always keen to point out. I think that is mainly because my dogs, while naughty, are quite nicely mannered, don't bite, keep their barking to a minimum, and were amazingly FREE, while the designer mutts are annoyingly yippy, tend to bite, and cost upwards of $700 despite only weighing in at 10 pounds full grown. All in all, I got much the better bargain.

But I digress. Check out Vicki's blog for cute dog stories, awesome scrapbooking kits at no charge, and really cute scrapbook layouts that both she and her readers create. Oh, and she's British, which makes me feel remarkably well traveled, despite not having left the great state of New York in 17 months, and only for Massachusetts that last time. And with that, I'm off to see Les Mis at Merry-Go-Round Playhouse. I'll be back later to let you know how that goes!

***Update*** Melissa emailed me to ask me what a "designer mutt" is. A designer mutt is a dog that is a mix of two purebreds, like my grandmother's dog Woody, who is a "Pekeapoo", otherwise known as an accidental mating of a Pekingnese and a Poodle that resulted in some very badly mannered puppies that someone decided to charge an exorbitant sum for. (My mother and I are the only people that haven't been bitten by Woody...he actually bit my brother's then-girfriend Shannelle right through the lip while she was petting him.) Anyhow, designer mutts generally cost more than a purebred with papers, and usually have many problems, both behaviorally and physically. There are exceptions to every rule however, as Labradoodles (lab/poodle mixes) are usually pretty sweet and don't bite. And my cousin Matt just bought a Havapoo (I think that's what its called), which is a Havanese/poodle mix, and so absolutely adorable that I am sort of desperate for one, but would rather put my $500 towards my upcoming trip to Hawaii with the Mothership. And that, not so much in a nutshell, is what a designer mutt is.

No comments:

Post a Comment