Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Movie Night

Tonight's Netflix feature was Sydney White, which is supposed to be a retelling of Snow White, set at a modern day college. Sydney starts college planning to pledge her mother's old sorority, only to find that she doesn't exactly fit in with the designer-clad blonds that seem to make up the entire sorority, which is led by president Rachel. She meets a cute boy, who happens to be the object of Rachel's desire, which helps along Rachel's seemingly unreasonable hate of poor Sydney. In a cute twist, the mirror from Snow White becomes the college's Hot or Not website, where Rachel and Sydney compete to see "who is the fairest one of all."

Very, very cute. Of course, it starred one of my favorites, Amanda Bynes, so how couldn't it be cute? Also featured is one of my future husbands, Matt Long, who I first discovered on Jack and Bobby, which was a show that didn't last very long, but was enjoyable while it did. Weird stalking info aside, you should rent this movie for your next sleepover night with the girls. Totally fun! I gave it five stars on my Netflix queue, which means "Loved It." Of course, I'm pretty easy to please in the movie department, as I'm a sucker for a cute boy and a happy ending...

1 comment:

  1. You've always been a sucker for a cute boy and a happy ending. LOSER!

    ReplyDelete