Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our Fence is Coming!

I am so excited! I've been waiting all summer for my new fence to be put up in the backyard so Izzy and Emma can run free, and I can finally have a (sort of) secret garden type thing! Yesterday the fence company finally called and said they would be arriving Tuesday morning. Serendipitously, my partner at work had asked if I would work Thursday and take Tuesday off instead, so I was able to have them come today!

No, the pool is not part of my yard, so don't even ask.

Now I know my yard looked pretty beforehand, and it's going to look a little ghetto afterward, but I'm confident that with some landscaping I can charm it right up. I'm already planning to put up an arched trellis over the gate and plant some clematis, and my lilacs are coming in September! It'll be a sweet little oasis in the city. (Feel free to gag now!)

Who knew dirt came out shaped like a rectangle?

As you can see, my backyard is apparently filled with bricks instead of dirt. Strange, since there wasn't ever a garage on the property. Maybe someone had a secret lair in my backyard at one time. How cool would that be?

Soon to be my new 4-ft gate, complete with arched arbor!

Anyhow, the day ended with a bit of work left to be done. Which is why I was a little dismayed that the company that is putting in my new driveway decided they wanted to come tomorrow as well. I'm not seeing that happening, and I'm kind of sad. I really want to get started on some of the landscaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment