Monday, May 26, 2008

Scrapbooking Mania!

Well, it's been quite a while since I blogged last, and I'm not sure where to even begin! So I'll start with my latest accomplishment: completing my first digital scrapbook page.
The Grandmother and I have been scrapping up a storm here on Seward Ave. She is almost done with an entire book about my grandfather's life, and it's adorable. I have, in the same amount of time, finished exactly three pages. She says I'm slow, I prefer to say that I am a perfectionist. Right now my pages are in a random scrapbook, but they're so cute (if I say so myself) that I kind of want to frame them. I wish I could scan them in so everyone could see them, but since they're 12 inches square, and my scanner is 8.5x11.5, I'm thinking it probably wouldn't work.
But onto some work that everyone can see, I finally worked up the courage to try digital scrapbooking. I know, lots of people think that it's "cheating" to make digital pages, since in essence, you just drag and drop various items onto a page. But reading up on how to do it, I was a little overwhelmed, because I have never used Adobe Photoshop Elements before, and it looked hard. Well, I was right about it being hard. It took me longer to create a digital page than it takes me to make a regular, old-fashioned page. And my first attempt isn't even that complicated:
It was kind of fun, though. I think I'll try another page soon! I got all the elements for Izzy's page at Scrapgirls. I used their "Refresh" biggie pack, which they offer free for anyone to try out digital scrapbooking. It had letters, paper for backgrounds, brads, flowers, and paperclips. Very cute! Definitely worth checking out their site, even just for ideas. Browsing around the internet, I also found Peppermint Creative, which has some nice freebies too!
Anyhow, I'm off to ACMoore tomorrow, because they have a scrapbook center where you can print out your digital pages on photo paper, as 12 inch by 12 inch pages, which will fit perfectly in my beginner's scrapbook. Sadly, my printer only does the regular size pages, and I'm not ready to invest in a printer designed especially for scrapping.
Let me know what you think about my latest crafting expedition!

No comments:

Post a Comment