Sunday, May 24, 2009

Colorado Adventure - Day Five

Today began with no concrete plans for the day. Apparently my love for an agenda is not genetic, as no one else feels my anxiety when we have no schedule.

Our first stop for the day was Cost Plus World Market, which, in a nut shell, is a higher-quality version of The Christmas Tree Shoppe. So of course, I enjoyed it! I found some gifts for my girlies, and some tasty dried berry mix for myself.

Because of a break in the strangely-inclement-for-Boulder weather, we decided to seize the moment and wander around The Mall for a bit, since garage parking is free on Sundays. We forgot, however, to factor in the Boulder Creek Fest crowds, and made it to the top of the parking garage before finding a spot. I think, however, it was a bit serendipitous, as the view from the roof was amazing!

It started to pour immediately after parking the car, at exactly 2pm. So we sprinted (okay, more like walked quickly) to Old Chicago for some pizza, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I was a bit startled when watter started running in under the door, just a few minutes after we had been discussing the dangers of flash floods, and how one hadn't occurred in Boulder for as long as I had been alive. It would be just my luck to drown in a place known for it's perpetual sun and summer droughts!

We decided to make a mad dash to Boulder Bookstore, which was a perfect specimen of my kind of store. I think I like to buy books more than just about anything else, so I was in heaven!!!

At 4pm (yes, just two hours post-lunch) we headed over to the Gondolier for Paula's pre-Bolder Boulder carbo-loading pasta fest. I got to meet a bunch of Aunt Paula's friends. They're all so funny, and apparently have all worked with each other at one time or another. I guess pharmacy isn't the only profession where you know everyone who exists!

I finally got to go back to The Mall, which I had last gone to when I was eight and visiting Boulder. I loved it - all sorts of artsy stores mixed in with books, housewares, and my favorite clothing stores like Billabong. I was able to avoid entering Billabong, since I'm waiting until I'm skinny to spend any more money there, but I did waste $6 on some cute carved kitties:

Our day ended with a hike...it was so beautiful that I couldn't stop taking pictures - thank goodness I found that huge memory card for my camera!

***Pictures coming soon!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment