Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Today was a remarkably springy day, so my mother and I decided to start cleaning my house, from top to bottom. Unfortunately, because there is so much stuff in my house, we didn't even finish the top, much less make it to the bottom! My house has an attic (it was a prerequisite in all of the houses I looked at) which is half finished and Henry and Ruthie's favorite hang out, and half storage area, where crap I don't want to see gets shoved.

"Thou darest to enter my lair?"

For those of you who really know me, I'm an unmedicated compulsive shopper that particularly loves to buy holiday decorations at Target when they're on clearance, so my storage area is full of Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and Valentine's Day decor. Not in any particular order, or any particular tubby. Add to that the fact that I'm a bit disorganized, and you have a major mess on your hands. So my very adventuresome mother came over, and we emptied out the entire storage area, and then organized everything into tubbies according to holiday. Then we put most of it back into storage. But there's still miscellaneous crap all around the finished part of the attic, so my house looks a mess!



Nice tidy storage area, messy living area.

"This definitely needs to go."


"Seriously, why are you guys here?"


"Are we done yet?"

Unfortunately, spring cleaning is nowhere near done on Seward Ave, but at least the storage area is organized. Next up is getting some comfy attic furniture so that the old-school video games can be moved upstairs. Mario Kart, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment