Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Summer!!!!!

I have been waiting for summer for a while. Since last September, in fact. Although I do appreciate winter, it tends to get a little old, since it seems to snow from October until May here. To make myself more content living in New York, I convince myself that summer really lasts from Memorial Day until my birthday (September 16, in case you're feeling giving this year), just to make it a bit longer. I can't wait to toast marshmallows, get the jetski on the lake, and go hiking! Yay for summer!

Even my WeeMee is ready for a drink and some roadtripping. Not at the same time, of course.

In other news, I feel that I need a new hairstyle, considering my pharmacy is particularly airless in the summer, and I am forced to wear a labcoat over my red and khaki. If that made no sense to you, I'll elaborate. My hair is halfway down my back, and super thick. I like to be able to pull it back without it being ripped from my scalp. So I think I need to downsize. Right now I have Southern Belle, Beauty Queen hair. Funny, considering I'm a total Yankee! So I googled for some celebrity hair images, and found this one:

Reese Witherspoon is my favorite Southern Belle!

I know, it's pretty much my current hairstyle, just a lot shorter. Maybe I was meant to be a Southern Belle all along? Reese is pretty cute, and I could certainly pick worse celebrities to emulate. I just hope I don't panic when I get there. The last time I asked for six inches to be taken off, the stylist got confused and took 14. I cried for about an hour, in front of people I didn't know. It was horrible and ridiculous all at the same time. Let's hope my current stylist undertands terms of measurement. I'm bringing my tape measure, just to be on the safe side. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment