Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Autumn!

I love the fall.  I love the leaves, the weather, planting chrysanthemums, and the holidays.  But mostly, I love decorating for fall.  I put autumn leaf garlands and orange lights all over my front porch.  I hang wreaths on every door in and outside my house, and I always decorate my fireplace for Halloween/Thanksgiving.

This year I decided to make a little project inspired by Pinterest.  I saw a pin where someone had filled a vase with layers of Halloween candy, and then put chrysanthemums in the middle.  I took that idea, and made a Halloween candy trifle instead.  Here it is, making my kitchen table a much happier and more Halloweeny place to sit:


I didn't really like the combination of flowers and candy that I saw on Pinterest, so I decided to use candy corn taffy as the top layer.  I think it's a win for two reasons.  First, and most importantly, I LOVE candy corn taffy.  But second, I'm pretty sure that my cat Henry spends a lot of time on counters and tables when I'm not around, and I really didn't want him licking all the unwrapped candy in the trifle.  I love my cat, just not enough to share food with him.

This is the second project that I've finished that was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest.  I love that site so much that it's almost an addiction.  To see some of my inspirations, you can follow me on Pinterest...it's definitely worth joining if you're looking for recipes or cute crafty ideas.  Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment