Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Selling Afghans

I think I have blogged on more than one occasion about how I really love to buy yarn at ACMoore.  I'll have to take a picture sometime, but for now I will just say that I have a truck load of yarn in my craft room.   Or at least a Honda CRV-load of yarn, since  I recently moved and one trip to my new house was dedicated solely to my yarn supply.  I figured I should probably start making some stuff with it, because otherwise I won't have room to buy more without ending up on an episode of "Hoarders."  I would prefer my reality television debut to be on "Dancing With the Stars" where I will be partnered with Tristan, who will fall madly in love with me, and we can have adorable little Irish-American babies. So to keep myself off "Hoarders" while I figure out how to become a D-list celebrity and get on "DWTS", I have spent the past few months crocheting up a storm:









I've decided to donate these four afghans to my church's afghan sale, which I organized to help raise funds for our new furnace.  I'm kind of sad to see them go.  I just keep reminding myself that I can always make another afghan, and we really need a new furnace so I don't have to wear my snowsuit to church all winter.  And I have to use up my stockpile before I can go shopping at ACMoore, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment