Monday, September 14, 2009

Taylor Swift Sings in the Subway

So I'll admit, I was stunned when Kanye West hopped on stage during Taylor Swift's acceptance of her Best Female Video at the MTV VMAs this year and basically said to the world that she didn't deserve the award. I was disgusted, and felt horrible for poor Taylor, who was speechless and apparently had to be led off the stage after being so rudely interrupted.
What was amazing about the entire incident was Taylor's performance, just minutes later, of 'You Belong With Me' on the New York Subway. This was the song that Kanye felt didn't deserve to win, performed by a 19 year old who actually writes her own music. She did an awesome job, and now I know that there is a reason why I'll listen to Kanye on the radio (and sometimes enjoy it) but I actually will go out and buy Taylor Swift's music!
To watch Taylor's awesome performance of one of my favorite songs, just click the link:
Taylor Swift sings in the subway

Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment