Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sarah Bought a House!!!

Okay, let me clarify that...I bought another house...down the road from my parents...sight unseen...at a foreclosure auction. So naturally, now that I own 10% of it, my mother and I felt the need to snoop around a little bit. Because who doesn't want to see if they made a huge mistake? Or start making plans for all the remodeling they are going to get to do? Certainly not me! And of course, my camera came with me, to document the experience that may or may not have been legal.

And our journey begins!

We decided to take the long way, walking all the way down to camp, and then hiking back up the gully path, which gave me ample opportunity for my daily picture taking resolution:

One the way down to camp, we saw wild asters, which happen to be my birthday flower!


Scary caterpillar...this guy was freakin' HUGE and trucking across the driveway like nothing I've ever seen...


Camp!!! (So sad that summer is over.)


Queen Anne's Lace

The secret road between camp and my new house...

My new house, from the top of Secret Camp Road...

Very deep gully that I apparently own as well...

The back of my new house!!!

Someone's abandoned hot tub...any ideas on how I am supposed to dispose of this?

An unlocked door, begging us to go inside...

My future movie/billards/mini bar entertainment compound...

Random toilet within what I can only imagine was a 90% unfinished bathroom...

Tiny Basement Bedroom #1

Tiny Basement Bedroom #2...

Sarah's Future Scrapbooking/Crafting Nook

View from foyer...

View of dining area from stairs...

View of Owasco Lake from dining area...

Very dirty living room...could this house be Sarah's Folly???

Tiny Upstairs Bedroom #3...

Incredibly Bright (even by Sarah Standards) Bedroom #4...

Barbie Bedroom #5

Barbie Bathroom off Barbie Bedroom...now I know this is not Sarah's Folly...I have finally found where I belong!

Rather messy, but ultimately kick-ass, ginormous garage so that Sarah's Sea-Doo doesn't have to sit outside all winter anymore!

SARAH'S GREAT PURCHASE, from the front...

My beautiful lake view!

My new neighbors' gazebo...some day I will have one too!

So I know, it looks a little ghetto, especially compared to my current house. But it's a great project for me, since I get to pick out all new flooring (I'm thinking Pergo), paint the walls, and install a completely new kitchen. Oh, and let's not forget the entertainment room in the basement! And it's on two acres in the country, so Izzy, Emma, and Casey will have plenty of room to play with their future yellow lab brother! And once it's done, I can sell it, and buy my condo in Ithaca! As Tracy would say, "Whoot!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous Sarah...it looks like it's going to be so much fun!!! Let me know if you need any help. The view is absolutely beautiful. You have an (almost) architect at your disposal any time you need it.

    ReplyDelete