Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Verizon iPhone Dilemma

My NMIC campaign is back on track. But now I have a moral concern...just how far do I go? You see, I have stuck with Verizon Wireless for years. Like since I graduated from high school. (Which may have been a different century.) And finally, after what has felt like ages, they are getting the iPhone. And I want it. Bad.

But is the iPhone made in China? I kind of figured it would be, considering the iPod is made there. Turns out I was right. Kind of.

Apparently the iPhone was designed in California. Well, that's nice! The parts were made in Korea and Taiwan. So far, so good. But it turns out that all the pieces get sent to China for assembly. Does this count as being made in China? I am trying to give myself an excuse for breaking my resolution again. But this time, it's not desperate. There are other options, and I won't be in physical pain if I don't get an iPhone.

So I'm thinking, I'm out. And I'm sad. Because I really need a new smartphone, and the Blackberry Storm 3 still doesn't have a release date.

Any news on a good Android phone? Remember, though, it has to be NMIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment