Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Paint Preview

My charming brother has been making fun of me lately, because the new house is being decorated with primary colors. Of course, considering my brother thinks that shag carpeting is the coolest floor covering ever, I listen to his opinions and then continue to do as I please. Here is the result so far:

Did I burn your retinas?

The laundry room is now a springy green color, compliments of the Walmart "Oops" paint shelf. (Seriously, $6 for a gallon of paint. Even if it doesn't work out, you're only out $6 instead of $40.) The kitchen/dining area is bright yellow so far, but that white wall on the left is going to be a rosy red accent wall by tomorrow evening. And the hallway and foyer are bright blue. So far the master bedroom is pale green, and the larger guest bedroom is purple. The third upstairs bedroom is going to be a random tan color that I found, since I figured it would go well with my retro blue and red furniture set. And my living room is going to have that red accent wrap around the other side of the wall, and then dark blue everywhere else. Probably not to everyone's taste, but I like some color to pep me up! I mean, the countertop I picked for the kitchen was actually named "All That Jazz." No, there is no glitter in it...

No comments:

Post a Comment