Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Smudging on Rocky Road

After visiting my new little trashed-and-then-abandoned house, Aunt Paula determined that there could very well be evil spirits of some sort lurking there, especially in the high corners of the rooms. Once she got home to Colorado, she engaged the services of a reputable shaman, and got a bit of Mountain Sage smudge that is supposed to drive the evil spirits out.

I don't know much about mountain sage, but this looks suspiciously like SOMETHING ELSE to me...

Well, now I know a little bit more about Mountain Sage, aka Desert Mugwort...it's going to get the negative energy out...and there is A LOT of negative energy in this house!

I would like to note that this not only looks like but also also smells suspiciously like SOMETHING ELSE, as well...and it gave me an asthma attack.

Wheezing and sneezing, I bravely soldiered on, and got into every corner of every room in the entire house!

I decided to drive out the negative spirits of the ghetto front door twice, just for good measure!

Overall, I would say the purging of the negative energy from my house went rather well. I didn't die from wheezing, and the house didn't burn down during the procedure. I would like to note, however, that two self-proclaimed experts (my mother and my cousin Amanda) both felt that Mountain Sage and Desert Mugwort could both possibly be more politically correct names for SOMETHING ELSE. Very suspicious! But once the smell of SOMETHING ELSE cleared out of the house, it did seem a bit fresher. Not sure if it was the negative energy being dispelled from my new home, or the gross carpet being removed and icky paint being covered...or just the fact that we were all being affected by SOMETHING ELSE. Regardless, things are shaping up on Rocky Road!

**UPDATE** Upon asking Aunt Paula about the Mountain Sage smelling suspiciously like SOMETHING ELSE, she just laughed. Very suspicious, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment